Blog Archive

Wednesday 5 March 2014

'Psychopath' Bendtner ready to leave Arsenal

Arsenal's forgotten striker Nicklas Bendtner has revealed that he resents being called a 'psychopath', and that he is preparing to leave the the club in order to resurrect his flagging career.

Photo: football.co.uk

Arsenal have been in fine form this season, but despite being one of only three out-and-out strikers at the club, Bendtner has only played 163 minutes of Premier League football this season for the Gunners.

Not only this, but the Dane feels his general image has been badly tarnished during his time in England, with potential moves even scuppered by people's perception of his mental state,

“People think I’m a psychopath,” he complained to the Daily Mirror,

“The image people have about me is I’m all about partying, that I’m indifferent to football. It’s as far from reality as could possibly be,"

“For example, I’ve talked to clubs who say they’ve heard things about me, so I have to say none of them are true,"

“The perception of me is never going to be positive if clubs talk to people who have a negative view,"

“Of all the things said about me, I’ve only done one thing wrong. That was in Copenhagen (a drink-driving charge),"

“I was a bit hot-headed when younger maybe but you grow up and you expect people to see that.”

The 26-year-old, who is set to appear for Denmark in tonight's international friendly against England at Wembley, signed for the Gunners in 2005, but could be on his way in the summer, having already spent two loans spells away from North London at Sunderland and Juventus respectively.

“I’d like to stay and play every game but I can’t imagine that happening. I think my future is away from Arsenal.”



Be sure to place your bets as the Premier League title race ticks down into its final 10 games, while you can also get involved with Cheltenham at Betfair, with the Gold Cup to take place next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment